Background/BioShort hand version of my life:
Was a sickly child, still get far to many colds.
* Had a great imagination, played army and had sword fights with sticks
I spent all my early life doing kid's stuff (eating dirt, skimming stones, falling out of trees--you know, the usual).
Brought up in a village, moved away, best thing I could have done.
* Like I had a say in it, read books brother got into Lord of the Rings and so did I
Was adequate at school, never excelled at anything.
* Read more fantasy books got a computer (Spectrum 48k) started me off with playing far to many computer games, played table top RPG's as well.
I always liked computers and had them at my finger tips from about the age of 11--not that I am a programmer or anything; hell no, it was games, games, games. Sadly we were not a wealthy family, so I spent all my time at other people's houses using their games.
Bounced around high school going nowhere
* Read more books, played on more computers (C64, Atari ST)
Bounced around college going nowhere
* Read more books, played more computer games (first introduction to PC's)
Did every crap dead end job imaginable
sewers, weeding roundabouts, horse commentary, cleaning dishes, bar work, cleaning the outside of caravans, painting fences, bin man and any other rubbish job you can think of.
* Read more books, played and wrote RPG stuff, more computer game playing
Worked in an office.
* Went to computer trade shows realised designers didn't had to know how to code games they just needed ideas, met full time writers of RPG products. Gamedesigners had Ferrari's, RPG writers had bicycles. Made decision to write computer games
Lost 6 years somewhere
* Wrote games and RPG products, became first computer games designer to be proud of owning a bicycle
Had utter faith and got my games out to the masses.
Back to the Homepage | Top Of Page
All content ©2001 Paul Barnett. Please read our privacy statement.